Zhengdong Zhang , M.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Occupational Medicine and Environmental Health
Associate Dean of School of Public Health，Nanjing Medical University
Post-doctor in Molecular Epidemiology from University of Texas M. D. Anderson
Cancer Center (2005)
Ph.D. in Labour Hygiene from Fudan University (2000)
M.S. in Environmental Health from Shanghai Medical University (1994)
B.S . in Preventive Medicine from Nanjing Medical University (1987)
Main Research Interesting
1. Environment, Genetic and Cancer Susceptibility
2. Molecular Genetic Toxicology
3. Occupational Harzard/Environmental Pollution and Human Health
Young Academic Leader of Jiangsu Province
Advanced Individual of Nanjing Medical University
Selected Publications (2004-)
1. Zhang Z, Xue H, Gong W, Wang M, Yuan L, Han S, Zhang Z (Corresponding author). FAS promoter polymorphisms and cancer risk: a meta-analysis based on 34 case-control studies. Carcinogenesis. 2008 (revised).
2. Wang M, ZhangZ, Tian Y, Shao J, Zhang Z (Corresponding author). A six-nucleotide insertion-deletion polymorphism in the CASP8 promoter associated with risk and progression of bladder cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2008 (in press)
3. Wang M, Wang M, Cheng G, Zhang Z, Fu G, Zhang Z (Corresponding author). Genetic variants in the death receptor 4 gene contribute to susceptibility to bladder cancer. Mut Res-Fund Mol M doi:10.1016/j.mrfmmm.2008.11.009 (in press).
4. Wang M, Zhu H, Fu G, Wang M, Zhang Z, Lu Q, Wang S, Zhang Z (Corresponding author). Polymorphisms of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase and methionine synthase genes and bladder cancer risk: a case-control study with meta-analysis. Clin Exp Med. 2008 Sep 25. DOI 10.1007/s10238-008-0013-1 [Epub ahead of print]
5. Zhang Z, Wang S, Wang M, Tong N, Fu G, Zhang Z (Corresponding author). Genetic variants in RUNX3 and risk of bladder cancer: a haplotype-based analysis. Carcinogenesis. 2008; 29(10): 1973-8.
6. Wang M, Zhang Z, Zhu H, Fu G, Wang S, Wu D, Zhou J, Wei Q, Zhang Z (Corresponding author). A Novel Functional Polymorphism C1797G in the MDM2 Promoter is Associated with Risk of Bladder Cancer in a Chinese Population. Clin Cancer Res. 2008; 14(11): 3633-40.
7. Li C, Wu W, Liu J, Qian L, Li A, Yang K, Wei Q, Zhou J, Zhang Z (Corresponding author). Functional polymorphisms in the promoter regions of the FAS and FAS ligand genes and risk of bladder cancer in south China: a case-control analysis. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2006; 16(4): 245-51.
8. Zhang Z, Sturgis M, El-Naggar A, Hong W, Spitz M and Wei Q. Polymorphisms of the Fas and Fas Ligand Involved in the Death Pathway and Risk and Progression of Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Head and Neck. Clin Cancer Res. 2006; 12(18): 5596-602.
9. Zhang Z, Shi Q, Sturgis EM, Spitz MR, Wei Q. Polymorphisms and haplotypes of serine hydroxymethyltransferase and risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: a case-control analysis. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2005; 15(8): 557-64.
10. Zhang Z (Corresponding author), Xu Y, Zhou J, Wang X, Wang L, Hu X, Guo J, Wei Q, Shen H. Polymorphisms of thymidylate synthase in the 5'- and 3'-untranslated regions associated with risk of gastric cancer in South China: a case-control analysis. Carcinogenesis. 2005; 26(10): 1764-9.
11. Zhang Z, Shi Q, Liu Z, Sturgis EM, Spitz MR, Wei Q. Polymorphisms of methionine synthase and methionine synthase reductase and risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: a case-control analysis. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2005; 14(5): 1188-93.
12. Li C, Liu J, Li A, Qian L, Wang X, Wei Q, Zhou J, Zhang Z (Corresponding author). Exon 3 polymorphisms and haplotypes of O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase and risk of bladder cancer in southern China: A case-control analysis. Cancer Lett. 2005; 227(1): 49-57.
13. Zhang Z, Shi Q, Sturgis EM, Spitz MR, Hong WK, Wei Q. Thymidylate synthase 5'- and 3'-untranslated region polymorphisms associated with risk and progression of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Clin Cancer Res. 2004; 10(23): 7903-10.
14. Zhang Z, Shi Q, Wang LE, Sturgis EM, Spitz MR, El-Naggar AK, Hong WK, Wei Q. No Association between hOGG1 Ser326Cys polymorphism and risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2004; 13(6): 1081-3.